ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Khan MarksCant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 2:33:26 am

HI,

So the situation, windows 7 ultimate 64Bit, Adobe After Effects CS5.

I have a very urgent question, since I need to finish an assignment and I'm stuck because I can't change the color of the Audio spectrum, which needs to be black, but when I select black in the effects control window, it turns out white.

I managed to make it black a couple of projects back I actually went back and compared the compositions and its exactly the same I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. I imported a transparent logo, added some effects, imported a black solid put that above the logo(.psd), selected the solid drew a path. added the audio spectrum to the black solid. In the effect control panel selected mask 1 as path. Selected black as both inside and outside colors, stays white, the option next to the mask is "none" . Whatever I do, how many times I check my previous projects I don't see my mistake I'm trying to make it work for the past 3 hours. Please help, I'm going slightly mad and out of coffee.

This is what it looks like

Return to posts index

Stefan HinzeRe: Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 4:25:44 pm

Hey,

i´m not that familiar with the effect, but work arround..
for the main goal to deliver the assignment:

Precompose and work from there!
(PreComp and Set as Alpha maske oder so...)
Don´t get stuck on this!... (just a friendliy advice)

Greetings
Steven

(take a step back, to see the bigger picture)

Return to posts index

Khan MarksRe: Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:03:16 pm

Hi,

1st of all, thanks for the reply
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Precompose option.
?

Khan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:26:50 pm

Here's information on precomposing and nesting:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Once you've precomped the spectrum layer--assuming you have transparency--you ought to be able to use the Invert effect on it to get black & white in their proper places. It's a workaround, but it ought to work.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:57:44 pm

I see you're using an mp3 as an audio source. AE DOES NOT work well with any kind of compressed audio. Convert the mp3 to either wav or aiff and see what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:16:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply offcourse I really appreciate any help.
It didn't work.

Is there anything else I can post regarding this AE project to solve this problem ?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:55:47 pm

The simplest answer I can offer is to apply a Generate > Fill effect after the Audio Spectrum effect and set it to Black.

I'm seeing the same issue when selecting pure black for my Inside and Outside colors. I could get around it by selecting a very very dark color instead (saturation 5%, brightness 2% for example).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

by on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:21:44 pm

Hi
thanks for the help.

I solved it by putting the black solid in blending mode on substract, that turned it black.
I still have no idea why it wouldn't do what it's supposed to do.

Return to posts index

Henrique HarlemRe: Cant change color of the Audio Spectrum to black, it stays white
by on Oct 30, 2016 at 11:04:27 pm

Thank's bro from Brazil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]