ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Better Stroke Reveal than Stroke?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew RogersBetter Stroke Reveal than Stroke?
by on Aug 20, 2011 at 3:34:38 am

Hey gang, I am trying to do a stroke reveal on a graphic from photoshop in AE 5.5. Before, I've always been able to do it easily in AE, I am guessing because the 50 pixel brush is big enough. The fancy text I am trying to reveal won't come close to fitting in the 50 pixel brush, so I am looking for another, smoother way to stroke on (in reality, reveal) the image. I tried doing the multiple masks with stroke all masks, but that causes little dips between the brushes. Is there not any way to follow a single mask shape and get something bigger than 50 pixels?

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Better Stroke Reveal than Stroke?
by on Aug 20, 2011 at 7:25:15 pm

If you wanted you could scale up your layer, match up your paths, and then you'd have a thicker stroke. Of course it will be a bit blurry as it gets scaled up....

You could also try using the paintbrush (make sure you've set things so the stroke "draws itself in"). You'd have to use the paintbrush as a matte for the graphic lines being drawn in...

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Mato KokoticRe: Better Stroke Reveal than Stroke?
by on Aug 20, 2011 at 9:08:59 pm

You can use animated Stroke on different layer, apply negative Matte Choker (more itterations if needed) and use that layer as Alpha Matte for your text layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved