ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to use CS5.5 Camera Layer DOF Iris Shape with Particular 2.1

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserIs it possible to use CS5.5 Camera Layer DOF Iris Shape with Particular 2.1
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 7:46:00 am

I was wondering if it was possible to use the new After Effects Camera DOF iris shapes with Particular 2.1.

I can't seem to get it to work if it is possible.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Is it possible to use CS5.5 Camera Layer DOF Iris Shape with Particular 2.1
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:46:39 pm

The DOF in Particular is not AE's DOF, it's built into Particular. Remember, AE sees Particular as if it were video footage. Particular made it seem like it was using AE's DOF in previous versions, but that's only because they had Particular rigged to change its settings when AE's settings changed.

Short answer: not yet. I'm sure Red Giant will update it soon though.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dustin BowserRe: Is it possible to use CS5.5 Camera Layer DOF Iris Shape with Particular 2.1
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 6:15:40 pm

Is there any way, going through the Particular UI that you can use custom iris shapes, or is that just something that Particular can't do at this particular moment?

I could've sworn I've seen some Particular stuff that was defocused with a Pentagon iris -- maybe I'm wrong. Is there any way to get a depth map out of Particular so you can use it in CS5.5's Camera Lens Blur or in Frischluft Lens Care?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]