ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

removing and moving an eye ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Smithremoving and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 3:18:26 am

I have a rough idea of how to do this but was hoping to score a step by step plan. End result should look like the person has skin instead of eyes ( no eyes ), and I need to move the right eye and place it on the forehead.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: removing and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 6:57:16 am

I'm sure that if you come back with specific questions when you run into problems, folks will be happy to help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Victor NguyenRe: removing and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 7:15:13 am

all right to remove the eye and replace it with skin use this tutorial
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/eye_replacement/

then mask out the right eye and move it onto the forehead

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: removing and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:18:19 am

It depends if the persons head is moving a lot and if it changes perspective (rotates) heavily. Also if the camera has is steady, has a simple movement or has a complex move.
In the simple and average situations Mocha tracking and corner pin can help.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Johnny SmithRe: removing and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:24:59 am

The cam is on sticks with a prime lens. The subject does not rotate. There is some movement. I'll look up Mocha tracking when I wake up. The eye tracking videocopilot vid doesn't look like what i'm looking for. I need to cover up the eyebrow and the entire eye up with skin so the eye looks like a cheek or a forehead.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:46:01 am

Photoshop the face- a still- to paint the eyes out completely and thus create a patch to apply over the eyes and the forehead. Add grain to match the video once you comp that in using the track data.
For the eye in the forehead I would cut out a shape with a feathered edge in the clip with the face cleaned out and comp the original clip under. It is hard to say if you need to rotate the footage under to put the eye in a horizontal position or if you need to use Mesh Warp to distort it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:29:14 pm

Everything makes sense, sounds easier than i thought. I get how to cover the eyes now. But rookie question, would you use the Pen tool to cut out the shape? Also I don't need to track twice, right? Just one eye and then link the ph√łtoshoped still to the null? Or should it be two stills one for left and one for right and track twice?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:42:10 pm

With Mocha you can do planar tracking, that means you can track the face and the apply that track to the layer with the painted face. Check out the web for "face replacement using Mocha" and you'll get some really good examples.
Also, cutting out the hole for the eye should be done using a mask (with the pen tool) so that you can use the feather control and see what seems best for your situation.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:02:43 am

Wait Mocha Pro is a different app. I'm still struggling with AE. Not ready for another APP... I made the mask, inverted it. Moved the position of the original eye underneath to show up in the hole. Looks good but:

- when the eye moves all over the place. Shouldn't it stay on the forehead since both layers are identical??
- it's embarrassing, but can't get rid of the yellow masking loop around the eye. I've made the mask ( closed the loop ), why is it still on the screen?

Return to posts index

Pierre JasminRe: removing and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 20, 2011 at 2:42:16 am

FYI, in our product RE:Fill there is RE:Fill area.
You just make a rough matte covering the eyes and it will fill-in the "holes" using the surrounding skin.

Pierre
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2011 at 11:31:14 am

Sorry Pierre, for some reason I don't understand what you mean by "in our product RE:Fill there is RE:Fill area". Do you mean your company sells a plugin that could help with this?

Return to posts index

Pierre JasminRe: removing and moving an eye ??
by on Aug 20, 2011 at 3:31:29 pm

"Do you mean your company sells a plugin that could help with this?"

Yes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]