ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to remove/reduce LCD scan-inteferance when first recorded in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik HøirupIs there a way to remove/reduce LCD scan-inteferance when first recorded in AE?
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:10:24 pm

Hi!

Some of our theater-clients have switched to large LCD-video walls on stage in stead of normal probs.

I know that if I can find the right shutter-speed, I can eliminate this, but som large LCD-walls are made with multiple LCD-screens, which might no all have the same scan-frequency. So the correct shutter only partialy solves this...

I am trying to find out if there is an AE filter, which can remove/reduce the artifacts from the LCD´s(don´t know if I should call it scanlines, or ...). Typically the closeupcameras look bad, because they get quite close to the LCD´s as well.

Looking forward to your input :)

Thanks!

Erik Høirup

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Is there a way to remove/reduce LCD scan-inteferance when first recorded in AE?
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:26:31 pm

Rather than ask about plugins for AE, I would learn more about the way these super-large screens work to know if there will even be a problem in the first place.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik HøirupRe: Is there a way to remove/reduce LCD scan-inteferance when first recorded in AE?
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:36:07 pm

Hi Dave!

Thanks for you quick reply.

You are quite right, that it would help finding out more in advance, and get the cameras lined out correctly from the start.

But I have already experienced, that the scanfrequency didn´t go with sll the monitos in a lcd-wall, so most footage looked allright, wereas the latter was full of moire etc. In this case, I can only see this to be solved in post ...

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]