ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AfterEffects problem!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan OchsnerAfterEffects problem!!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 12:20:54 pm

I have spent about 15+ hours on an AfterEffects project. I adjusted the trim comp to work area, not realizing that the scroll bar was not extended to the beginning of the composition. After about ten minutes of working on the end of my project and re saving several times I realized that I now only have about 15 seconds of a 1:08 composition. Is there any way to get my original composition back??

hopefully expecting good news,

-Ryan

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: AfterEffects problem!!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:29:38 pm

AS far as I know and have tested just adjusting the length of the composition (CTRL-K)adding several minutes to it should get it back for you.
That is if you didn't delete the layers that ended outside the timeline. Should you not see them select all layers and move to either side so that they appear.

Auto-Save is a life saver sometimes.

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Ryan OchsnerRe: AfterEffects problem!!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 3:01:55 pm

Okay, so I adjusted the length to 1:20 and selected all the layers and dragged them out. They are still there, but for some reason they have all been trimmed really short. If I scroll across them, nothing appears in the window up top. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Ryan OchsnerRe: AfterEffects problem!!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 3:21:31 pm

I think it may have something to do with the masks that each layer had... Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: AfterEffects problem!!!
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:14:09 pm

You may have tried this already, so I apologise if it's too obvious. Right-Click the Comp tab you're working in, and set the length to about 1:15 (longer than your longest clip). Then look at the view scrollbar (or the little "mountain" icons on the bottom of the screen). Drag or click these until the full view of your comp is back. Hopefully you didn't delete any of the pieces. You really have to go out of your way to lose or cut off something in AE, since it's not like an NLE in respect to chopping stuff where you don't want to. Good luck!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]