ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Colour shifting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben le tourneauColour shifting
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:53:25 am

Hello Guys

I've reached the end of my RND and can't for the life of me work out if there is any solution to my problem.

I have graded and cleaned up a series of moving portraits for a client in AE. I have copied all colour from a completed signed off retouch still.

The colour matches perfect in AE however when i export any type of uncompressed quicktime file I cant get the colour to match.

My project setting are set up to work in sRGB my footage is set to sRGB even the still has been saved in sRGB so that my reference is perfect.

If I export a tiff sequence and open a single frame in any image viewer the colour is spot on. However if i open that sequence in a Quicktime pro or Quicktime X the colour/gamma is way off.

My client only wants me to deliver a quicktime file and not image sequences does anyone have any idea how I can get the colour to look right?

Changing blend modes in Quicktime pro doesn't work for these uncompressed codecs.

Thanks for your time guys

Ben Le Tourneau

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Colour shifting
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:25:43 pm

QT does not do well with displaying the color accurately. If your client needs accurate color then he/she may need to accept a different format that can.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved