ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need to convert 24p footage into 60fps / Warping issue Twixtor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesus Rivera
Need to convert 24p footage into 60fps / Warping issue Twixtor
on Aug 16, 2011 at 1:54:34 am

Hello,

I have some darkly lit footage shot on 24p with a Panasonic GH2. A person walking slowly through a field at night, passing through the brush with staged lighting that was meant to look dark. We were having issues shooting at 60fps, so I figured I could do it in post utilizing Twixtor. It's driving me crazy right now!

I have tried to slow it down and I keep getting that terrible warping effect, especially I have tried adjusting the motion sensitivity and it still does it. Any tricks or suggestions to make this work?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Need to convert 24p footage into 60fps / Warping issue Twixtor
on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:07:25 am

[Jesus Rivera] "I have tried to slow it down and I keep getting that terrible warping effect, especially I have tried adjusting the motion sensitivity and it still does it. Any tricks or suggestions to make this work?"

Sometimes cheating works -- layer the Twixtor slo-mo over a frame-blended slo-mo, and paint or mask out the motion estimation blobs in the Twixtor layer, revealing the frame-blended layer underneath.

If you're seeing the blobbing crossing from a background object onto a foreground object, you could try to rotoscope the FG object and use it as an object separation matte for either Timewarp or Twixtor Pro (though not the standard version of Twixtor).

Twixtor Pro also has manual point and spline guidance which can help guide the motion estimation.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]