ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Way to send footage to Mocha from after effects for ease when using Dynamic Link?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Shaw
Way to send footage to Mocha from after effects for ease when using Dynamic Link?
on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:34:53 am

I often use Dynamic Link between premiere and After Effects. So with that I am sending a segment of a whole clip to after effects rather that just editing the whole clip. My question is can I do this from After Effects to Mocha (just that segment) without having to render out that segment from after effects and then open it in mocha and track it? Because I dont want to import the whole orignal clip and track that

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Way to send footage to Mocha from after effects for ease when using Dynamic Link?
on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:46:59 am

No.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Nick Shaw
Re: Way to send footage to Mocha from after effects for ease when using Dynamic Link?
on Aug 16, 2011 at 1:03:19 am

Well is there at least a workflow that can speed this process up? If I'm working on a 20 minute film with 40 different shots I have to track you're telling me I have to use dynamic link, export the clip, and put it into mocha every time? Is there no more efficient way?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:43:06 am

As per Todd's reply, there is no dynamic link between Mocha and AE. Mocha needs a fully rendered file. What you can do is to import the entire original 20-minute clip into Mocha and use Mocha's Project In/Out points to define each of the 40 clips that you want to track in Mocha.

Further, each layer in Mocha can be defined into its own In/Out points relative to a project's In/Out points. It's up to you how you would like to track the 40 segments. I would separate them into groups of 5 tracks per project, just so that the Mocha project doesn't get too heavy.

You should also take note that importing a 20-minute clip will result in a long Cache time in Mocha. Therefore, I suggest that you store the 20-minute clip on a fast storage device and disable Mocha's Cache when importing the said clip.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]