ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Greenscreen Music Video Workflow suggestions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian JaggersGreenscreen Music Video Workflow suggestions?
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:38:39 am

I recently shot a music video that contains various elements of a band playing, objects spinning, girls dancing, amongst others. I am putting together a music video where I will fill the frame with anywhere from 1 to 5 of these elements at a time on a digital plane. I'm curious what the best way to go about cutting this video would be. Currently I am working in AE 5 and keying and building out shots, and then loading the comps into a master comp and stringing them out, but the process is slow and not giving me much free to quickly move elements around and try things out. I normally work in Avid, and also have Premiere which i would be more than comfortable to use in conjunction with AE.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Greenscreen Music Video Workflow suggestions?
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:32:51 am

Use Premiere (or Avid) to do a rough keying and comping of your elements and to cut the video on music. Once you're happy with the final, take each shot in AE, finish it and replace it in the cut.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Greenscreen Music Video Workflow suggestions?
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 3:14:49 pm

I agree with Ted. Also, if you're using Premiere, you can just import the Premiere project into AE and your timeline will come in with all the cuts on seperate layers. It's great.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]