ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve GodkinAfter Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:06:15 am

Hey all,

first post to creative cow, and hoping to find a answer to question that has been baffling ever seen getting AE CS 5.5 installed on my MAC.

In my current work place, we are on the MAC platform have noticed that in older version's of After Effects and Encoder, in the output setting you were allowed to render out many different formats including AVI, MPEG2, DV, etc. Once we "installed" the new CS5.5 those options seemed to have removed with File > Export , and or Make Movie > Other. All proper codecs are installed (i hope anyways)

My question is simply, why were you able to export any type of file format in older versions of the adobe suite, but from what I can see they were removed in CS5.5? Again i am working on a MAC and looking to render AVI mostly.

Am I missing something? I have been working with all major non-linear editing programs (FCP, Premier, Vegas) and all major post production programs (AE, PS, Cinema 4D) for over 10 years now so I am a little confused.

I know that I can use many different converters to eventually get to my end format, but as we all know, anything to save time helps us in the end. I also have a very "odd" dimension which most standard converters due not work with.

Can i install a 3rd party plugin? Any high in converters that do batch files and have ZERO limits in dimensions? Can we go back a CS4 (if they still make it)

Any help would be much help, and if this question has been answered in a other forum guiding me to the right place would be great!

Happy rendering

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:26:27 am

There is no 64-bit QuickTime component for the 64-bit After Effects CS5 or CS5.5 application to use for exporting to AVI format.

FAQ: Why doesn't AVI appear as an export format in the Render Queue?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Steve GodkinRe: After Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 1:06:16 pm

Thanks Todd...quick and easy...

Return to posts index

Robert OberRe: After Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:15:48 am

Curious about all the folks using AVI. Why not an industry standard container or wmv?

I have read and heard a lot of stories about production companies and I have never heard any of them say they use AVI. Even those on Windows are using other containers. BTW, I worked at Microsoft in support around the time Video For Windows was developed. As I recall there was some Intel codec that was popular and wrapped in an AVI.

Return to posts index

Chris ThomasRe: After Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 4:08:34 pm

I do video ops at a sporting venue and the system that runs the videoboard only accepts AVIs of specific size, codec and audio settings. I was searching for a way to render AVIs in AE to speed up my work flow, but alas.... So, that's one instance where AVI is necessary. I wish I could render a MOV and get on with things.

Return to posts index

criis dawRe: After Effect CS5.5 on MAC cant render AVI....
by on Aug 2, 2013 at 12:40:25 pm

thread back from the dead !!

I too am looking to create an AVI for a sporting venue .

How did you do it ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved