ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Bezier Warp - Keyframe Issue! !!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenny GilbreathBezier Warp - Keyframe Issue! !!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 3:38:45 am

I'm trying to animate a Bezier Warp frame by frame for a flipbook effect. Any idea why certain keyframes that i place in the effect for all parameters that it won't actually affect the image and warp it?!? We shot a flip book flipping practically, then I'm comping in the actual image we want in the "flip book" at 1920x1080. I've placed many keyframes on the main video, then i duplicate the entire layer of the comped in video and cut it down to the few frames that are turning OUT in Z space. I'm warping each one independently and frame by frame. This is when I have the problem of the warp effect not working on certain frames. I hope this makes sense. Thank you kindly and bless your heart if you can help me with this problem as my deadline is coming up quickly!!! :) Love you.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Bezier Warp - Keyframe Issue! !!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:44:34 am

If I'm understanding correctly your issue I believe you have reached a limit in Mesh Warp- Free Form (comes with CS5) is a better tool for this since it can actually do true 3d distortion.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kenny GilbreathRe: Bezier Warp - Keyframe Issue! !!
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 3:29:46 pm

Ok I'm silly. I figured it out. I also had a posterize time effect on the video image. That was only allowing me to keyframe the bezier warp on the certain frames that first change and not the duplicated frames from the posterize time effect. I simply deleted the posterize time effect and time remapped to make it a still image (I only needed a few frames of this).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved