ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Solved: Exporting Premiere Multicam sequences to After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason HeasterSolved: Exporting Premiere Multicam sequences to After Effects
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47:49 pm

For anyone looking for a way to import Premiere Multicam Sequences to AFX, I just found a workaround: Export your timeline from Premiere into XML (Final Cut) format, then immediately re-import it to Premiere. Your multicam sequences will 'collapse' down to contain only the clip associated with that camera view you selected for that clip.

Import that sequence into AFX and all your multicam cuts will be preserved and you'll still have access to the original media clips to do edit tweaks in AFX if needed.

It isn't pretty, but for my workflow it's better than rendering out a huge video and then trying to slice it back to the individual clips.

Good luck,
Jason

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Solved: Exporting Premiere Multicam sequences to After Effects
by on Aug 13, 2011 at 1:31:57 am

Thanks for the tip, Jason. You're right that it isn't the prettiest method, but it will definitely come in handy from time to time. cheers!

Return to posts index

Ricardo Pontes Lima FilhoRe: Solved: Exporting Premiere Multicam sequences to After Effects
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 9:40:00 pm

I wrote this post on another thread about it, so I thought it'd be relevant for this one as well, and copied it here:

Wow that's a great idea, I'll try it out. I just came back to this thread to write out another possible solution, which is instead of sending to AE from Premiere, you create an AE project, go on File>Adobe Dynamic Link>Import Premiere Pro Sequence. It works pretty well, the only disadvantage being that all your changes in PP appear in AE, but it seems that if you change anything in AE it won't change back in PP, so you have to finish your final exports from AE. It's not that big of a drawback for me because it suits well my workflow.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]