ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion blur issue with Time Remap and Collapse transformations

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Meloche
Motion blur issue with Time Remap and Collapse transformations
on Aug 12, 2011 at 8:05:53 pm

Hi all, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on the subject. My problem is a little hard to explain so I have uploaded a simple example showing the issue.. (play with the collapse transformation box of the second layer to see the problem)
file: 2795_motionblurissue.aep.zip

Here's the situation: I have animated a book that flips pages in a composition. I have then put this pre-comp containing the book in a new comp and checked the collapse transformations box (since the pages are in vector format). Then with the Time Remap tool I can quickly animate and decide what page the book is on. The trouble is that if I animate the book comp going from left to right while the time is stopped I see no motion blur (from the left to right movement). The motion blur is only present if the time runs OR if the collapse transformation switch is turned off... Is this normal behavior? How can I have the motion blur with the time stopped and collapse transformations enabled?

I hope this somehow makes sense!
Thanks,

Simon

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Motion blur issue with Time Remap and Collapse transformations
on Aug 13, 2011 at 11:29:57 pm

Have you enabled motion blur on the layers in the precomp?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Simon Meloche
on Aug 14, 2011 at 6:15:45 pm

Yes, motion blur is activated everywhere.

Return to posts index

Nathan Clark
on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:18:42 am

Ran into this problem today. (AE CS4 Mac)
Only way I could make it work was to freeze frame within the precomp.
It was easy for me, but depending on the complexity of your comps- I imagine this could become a nightmare.

On Point Cloud Nine

Return to posts index

Stefano Sonntag
on Feb 1, 2013 at 12:27:49 pm

Ran into the same problem today. Haven't found a neat workaround yet

Return to posts index

Stefano Sonntag
on Feb 1, 2013 at 2:27:10 pm

Found a solution to this problem. Well, more like a workaround... I figured the motion blur needs a movement in time for the comp to have motion blur. Let me try to explain my setup:

I'm working on a similar project as the OP. So I too have a precomp with all the pages in it with a length of just 1 frame for everything. In the actual comp I set everything via the time remapping keyframes and turned every single on of them into a hold key.

Apparently the motion blur only works, when there is at least SOME interpolation between the time remapping key frames. So I went back into my precomp with all my pages and gave every page a second frame. In the comp above I turned the "hold key frames" back to normal ones and put another keyframe at about 4 seconds later. So I have a first key frame of 00:00:12 and a second one four seconds later with a value of 00:00:13.

That did the trick for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]