ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Layer Emitter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul PuglisiTrapcode Layer Emitter
by on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:29:50 pm

Hey all,

I know there are a bunch of posts about this, and with an older Trapcode Particular I was able to get this to work like a charm. I'm simply trying to get Particular to emit a picture of a rock to simulate rock pieces blowing up. I have the Particular Emitter Type set to layer, and the Layer Emitter set to a pre-comped rock layer. There's emitting going on, but it's just a bunch of spheres that are the colors of my rock. I've messed around with particle type and layer sampling and whatever else I could think of but nada. Thanks for your help!!!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Trapcode Layer Emitter
by on Aug 11, 2011 at 6:30:56 pm

[Paul Puglisi] "I have the Particular Emitter Type set to layer, and the Layer Emitter set to a pre-comped rock layer. There's emitting going on, but it's just a bunch of spheres that are the colors of my rock. I've messed around with particle type and layer sampling and whatever else I could think of but nada."

If you want your particles to look like rocks, then you need to set the Particle Type to 'Sprite' or 'Textured Polygon.' This is under the Particles section, not the Emitter section. Once you change it Sprite, there will be a Texture section that you can twirl down to select the image you want to use to define the particles.

Setting particular to a Layer Emitter will emit particles from the 3D layer you choose, and take some of the particles properties from that layer (in your case: color), but it does not change the type of particle emitted.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Paul PuglisiRe: Trapcode Layer Emitter
by on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:40:50 pm

Darby Edelen, you're my hero.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]