ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

about the color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurensius Bernhardabout the color
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 11:15:24 pm

im using AE cs4 on windows vista x64 and confused about the color. i have t2i "cinestyle"ed mov 1080p footage edited in AE with lut applied. i made my comp 720p and project color settings is 32bpc without color management..

if i render using photo jpeg at 100%, the mov output color will abit brighter than what i see in AE workspace. which will be identical if i apply gamma issue fix (videocopilot guide).
and when i rendered using avid dnxhd, the mov output doesnt need to be fixed (gamma issue) in qt player bcz it already has identical color with AE.
but when i encode using 3rd party (megui) with the source from both photojpeg and dnxhd rendered mov, the output have the same color if each played in the same player. and makes me think dnxhd mov still have that gamma issue.
and when i compared the same videos on different player (between mpc-hc (ffdshow) and qtplayer WITH gamma fix),
the qtplayer shows back the same color as AE workspace.
mpc-hc shows the nearly same color as AE workspace/qtplayer with gamma fix BUT a little dark or i can say super slightly different, such as lighter green on qtplayer, darker green on mpc-hc. and i believe the real color right now is what i see in mpc-hc.
about lumi pc-tv issues, i've fixed that in the encoding, this is caused by gamma shift.

all i want to know is
1. how to fix the gamma shift on the encoding side from a source mov with gamma issue. that will make non qt player only fix.
2. how to avoid gamma shift before rendering in AE.
i've googled and i know many ppl discussing about this. but i still cant figure the right way for my case since im new with this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved