ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Form problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
malcolm DeSoto
Form problems
on Aug 9, 2011 at 11:10:11 pm

So, this is the first time experimenting with Form. It's possible I'm just making newbie mistakes.

I've set up a kind of particle sphere with Form. I created a camera which moves from the outside of the sphere to the center of the sphere.

This all looks fine until I ad other 3D elements. I have a .png fiile that and switched 3D on. the camera seems to interact differently with the sphere than it does with the .png layer.

The camera moves a great deal to get to the center but the .png file barely moves in 3D space.

Also, no matter where I move the layer in Z space, the .png file will be either on top or behind the Form layer, depending on layer order.

Any pointers?

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

malcolm DeSoto
Re: Form problems
on Aug 10, 2011 at 2:11:25 am

For the time being, I'm solving the problem by duplicating my Form sphere, placing it above the .png layer and fading out the opacity as the camera approaches. Is it similar to CC Cylinder in that it's just not real 3D?

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Form problems
on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:01:54 am

It's partially real 3D :-D. It works a lot like other 3D effects in AE. Particular helps with the Obsfucation property. Unfortunately Form doesn't have that. You may try with the Visibility properties to see if that provides a solution. Otherwise, use an additional instance of Form with the other 3D layer used as a track matte.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]