ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Export Settings to After Effects for Windows from Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay Hammons
Export Settings to After Effects for Windows from Final Cut Pro
on Aug 7, 2011 at 9:50:57 pm

I have footage shot on a canon 7D at 1080p that was edited in Final Cut Pro 6 converted with the ProRes codec. The project is about 20 minutes long. What is the best settings to export the project so that it can be handed off to an After Effects artist who is on Windows 7? Ideally we don't want to lose any resolution from compression artifacts.

I tried using one of the HD uncompressed formats but the file size was unwieldy.

Thanks in advance for any help!! :)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Export Settings to After Effects for Windows from Final Cut Pro
on Aug 7, 2011 at 10:47:58 pm

A QuickTime movie using the PNG codec works well. It is a lossless codec.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export Settings to After Effects for Windows from Final Cut Pro
on Aug 8, 2011 at 3:00:38 pm

As Todd says, PNG is very good. I cut in FCP at work, but I run AE at home on a Windows box. I make ProRes HQ movies to take home; Quicktime 7.x can read it. But since it can't WRITE to ProRes HQ, I render PNG sequences.

Depending on the size of the project, you might want to invest in a portable hard drive to round-trip the files. In AE-Land, the terms "high image quality" and "small file size" are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]