ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

the illusive Invisible pixel polly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvisthe illusive Invisible pixel polly
by on Aug 7, 2011 at 10:38:41 am

Morning all,

Yep. I'm looking for the illusive pixel polly. (cs5) I used it about 3-4 months ago, it was fine.

I have a pre-comp that was in the middle of a couple of transformations, progressive scale/rotation.

a) Duplicated the layer, I pulled back the keyframes to start layer b at the point that I wanted the pixelation to start, "POOF" my little ol viking ship disappeared.

b) I then tried splitting the pre-comp layer, "POOF" again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Tks

p.s I did an update a couple of weeks ago

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: the illusive Invisible pixel polly
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 1:06:24 am

I'm not quite following what you're asking. Do you have an example video or screenshot do show what you're doing?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

gary JarvisRe: the illusive Invisible pixel polly
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:58:20 am

Good morning Michael,

Basically, I have this precomp animation of a viking longboat, it contains a bunch of my mates with pint glasses, singing "fat bottom girls" and rowing into the distance, someone is shot onto it and it explodes into particles.

Okay, now for the specifics:

a) NTSC 1280 x 720 HD, animated photoshop layers.

b) I had a pre-comp that was in the middle of a couple of transformations, progressive scale/rotation, meaning I still had a few frames to go, of the ship rotating and shrinking when I tried to polly pixel it. At this point my longboat disappeared.

c) I googled the problem and found a thread that said, "the polly pixel process, starts at the beginning of layer". Okay, so I duplicated my precomp, deleted the keyframes past the point where I wanted the polly to start on one of the layers and, deleted the keyframes prior to the point of where I wanted the polly to start on the other layer. I then tried "polly" at the start of precomp layer, Poof, my longboat just dissapears.

d) I tried a similar process by going to "edit" split layer and trying again "Poof" the longship disappears again.

I gave up and sank the bloody boat. But, I would still like to know how to resolve the problem if possible.

Tks Michael and all the best mate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]