ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bottom of the stack vs ambient light

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip HogarthBottom of the stack vs ambient light
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 9:49:19 am

Hi people,

I have not used After Effects a lot before and not regularly but I have got a problem concerning ambient light. I am doing a 3D project which includes a basement which leads to stairs connecting to a city. I have used an ambient light for the basementhowever I have had to place the city at the bottom of the stack otherwise the view is wrong. Because of this the city falls under the ambient light as well. I have tried to precomp the basement and add the light to this but it doesn't recognise the light and the walls are greyscale. I was wondering if there is a way to stop the ambient light affecting the bottom layer.

Thanks,

Phil

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Bottom of the stack vs ambient light
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:59:32 pm

Turn off the "accepts lights" property of the 3D layer?

Return to posts index

Philip HogarthRe: Bottom of the stack vs ambient light
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 2:37:57 pm

I tried that and there is no change, I also tried turning off the adjustment switch but this has no effect on the composition whatsoever.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Bottom of the stack vs ambient light
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 3:32:56 pm

Hmmm ... I'm on a laptop without AE at the moment so I can't check ... maybe I recalled wrong and "accept lights" doesn't apply to ambient lights or something ... sorry.

Return to posts index

Philip HogarthRe: Bottom of the stack vs ambient light
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 3:36:34 pm

Not at all mate, just grateful for any help. If I precompose the basement layers and add the light in there it fine. Then when I go back to my main comp it is correct until I turn on the 3D layer switch and it goes back to greyscale. Thanks though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]