ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shaky Cartoon Outline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd SchmidtShaky Cartoon Outline
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 5:08:22 am

Hi guys,

Trying to figure out a simple way to make that shaky outline effect on a drawn and animated cartoon. I know theres the obvious to draw it but was wondering if there was a simpler method using a plugin...maybe some distortion effect.

BTW...it's on the Khole's commercial used on their text.

Thanks

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Shaky Cartoon Outline
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:58:07 pm

If you have the BCC plugin set, there's a plugin called something like "Outlines" that you can Unmult the black from, then if need be, apply more jitter to your taste using distortion filters. It's a quick and dirty way, but it does the trick in some situations.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Shaky Cartoon Outline
by on Aug 7, 2011 at 4:28:33 pm

BTW, the method I first mentioned is for footage, which is what I thought you meant until I happened back across the post again and noticed the reference to text ...

I haven't seen the Khole's commercial, but an easy way to do it with text is to either draw custom text with the mask tool instead of using a font or turn font text into outlines/masks. Then, just put a stroke filter on it and add distortions to taste.

If you need a tutorial, look for things like "write-on text" since it's basically the same thing without the jitter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]