ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sand text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny BassettSand text
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 6:34:28 pm

So Im new to after effects ( been using it for 18 months) but i understand the basics and more advanced stuff. What i dont understand is the problem im having rendering this tutorial:

I followed it exactly, except i am using a 1920x1080 background. Its wants to take 1330 hours to render a 4 second piece. after effects is also using hardly any cpu time. the station is a 2.93 i7 imac with 8gb ram.

Its does the same thing on the quad core mac pro.

its not settings because i just created, render and 1080 comp with particle world, it rendered, maxed cpu while rendering.

all opengl is off.

can anyone shed some light on this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Sand text
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 9:03:26 pm

What version of AE do you run and what's the codec of any video footage you're using?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Danny BassettRe: Sand text
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 11:55:23 pm

AE 10 i.e. CS5

no video footage.

I have a png with a simple logo.

png dupllicated, and put particle playground on one of them with layer exploder, particle size going from .5 to 0.
(ive also tried with plain text)
4 second comp.

Thats it.

what gives?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Sand text
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 9:13:22 pm

particle playground is not natively multi-threaded, nor can it use ae's 'render multiple frames simultaneously' option (as most other effects will), so any comp's that use that effect will render more slowly on multi-core machines... approximately at the speed of a single core.

there are a few other effects that can do this. you might check out some of these other tutorials here (and i'm sure you can find many more on the web):

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved