ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Crashes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaiah BugarinAfter Effects Crashes?
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 3:48:55 pm

For some reason, AE crashes whenever I load my project file. I've gotten any number of errors from telling me that my "Language could not be identified from registry: [path]. Deaulting to en-US." to saying "Unable to invoke LF Glow". This problem only seems to occur when I put any Knoll Light Factory FX anywhere on my composition (i.e the clip itself, a new adjustment layer, etc.). I have to be done with the editing of this clip by tomorrow and I need AE to quit crashing when I put Knoll Light Factory in it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects Crashes?
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:06:32 pm

Based on the information you gave us, here is my best guess: After Effects doesn't like you anymore. You did something to make it angry, and now it's pouting. You need to buy it some flowers, take it out on the town and apologize to it over a romantic candlelight dinner.

If you'd prefer to have a more relevant response, please supply information about:
  • Your computer: OS & version, processors, amount of memory and current available capacity on your hard drive(s).
  • Your version of After Effects: look under "About After Effects" to get the information.
  • The media container (avi, qt, etc.) and the codec of your footage: highlight the footage, and you will find that information at the top of the project window.
  • Whether you're trying to use multiprocessing or not.
  • Whether you're trying to use Open GL when rendering or not.
  • The method you used to install the Knoll plugins.
  • Any third-party codec packages you've installed.
That should be sufficient for the people around here to ask clarifying questions for a faster solution to your problem.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Isaiah BugarinRe: After Effects Crashes?
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:19:55 pm

Your computer: Windows 7 x64, Intel Celeron 925 @ 2.3 GhZ, 3 GB RAM, 70 GB available on HDD.
Your version of After Effects: 10.0.10.4
The media container (avi, qt, etc.) and the codec of your footage: WMV Raw, and MOV Sorenson Video 3
Whether you're trying to use multiprocessing or not: I haven't touched any settings about multiprocessing so I'm guessing no.
Whether you're trying to use Open GL when rendering or not: I don't know how to find this out. Same as above.
The method you used to install the Knoll plugins: I installed the trial then activated it.
Any third-party codec packages you've installed: Not to my knowledge.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects Crashes?
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 7:43:31 pm

Some AE problems can be solved by deleting the preference file.
Restart AE while holding down the Command + Option + Shift keys (Mac) or Control + Alt + Shift (Windows), and you are presented with an option to delete the preferences.

Also, try to remove the plug-in and start AE and see if that's the problem. If so, try reinstalling it and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Isaiah BugarinRe: After Effects Crashes?
by on Aug 6, 2011 at 9:59:46 pm

I deleted my preference file, but it still gives me an error whenever I try to put any Knoll LF FX in my composition. I already tried reinstalling it, and that didn't work either.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects Crashes?
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:17:50 pm

Do you have the proper version of Knoll Light factory? I expect you do, but the possibility needs to be eliminated. And did Knoll Light Factory work properly before you activated the license?

You also need to know that in AE terms, 3 gigs of memory is virtually NOTHING. You are in desperate need of more RAM, and that's a fact. Due to your machine's tiny-little amount of memory, you can have NO other applications open when you run AE.

You can check for Open GL and multiprocessing (Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously) in AE Preferences. I realize you're way past your deadline, but good luck.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]