ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5.5 missing footage error (Even though it's there!?!)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie White
After Effects CS5.5 missing footage error (Even though it's there!?!)
on Aug 5, 2011 at 10:48:22 am

Hi,

There seems to be a really strange bug in AE CS5.5...Has anyone else experienced this?

I have an existing project and I have imported all my footage (softimage .pic sequences) and everything seems fine until I exit the project. On reloading the project the footage seems to be missing but the footage is in the exact same place as before as the path states withing After Effects.

If I reload the footage it doesn't find it but if I replace footage with the exact same footage, After Effects finds it again...until I exit the project, open it again and the footage yet again is missing!!??

Does anyone know a solution/work around to this bug as it's starting to cause me big problems?

I have not had this problem with any of the previous version of AE.

Many thanks in advance

Jamie

Return to posts index

Jamie White
Re: After Effects CS5.5 missing footage error (Even though it's there!?!)
on Aug 5, 2011 at 2:30:29 pm

Looking into it a bit more, it might be something to do with the new timcode feature in cs5.5 that is causing the issue with the softimage .pic sequences.

This is probably impossible but does anyone know if there is a way to revert to the old system?

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Aug 5, 2011 at 2:41:03 pm

I've had this kinda issue before, it was a codec messing things up. I had installed the main concept codec suit, and for some reason, they didn't seem to get along very well with the mp4 files I was working with.

Return to posts index

David Ghast
on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:59:41 pm

I ran into a somewhat similar situation last night, i was rendering out my comp and stopped it to make some more changes, and when i did i couldnt even play my source files, in or out of AE, so i found out that for some reason a "upsample when decoding" box got automatically checked that was preventing it from being playable. If theres a softimage codec/settings you can try that.

Return to posts index

Jamie White
on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:57:42 pm

Looking into it a bit more, it might be something to do with the new timcode feature in cs5.5 that is causing the issue with the softimage .pic sequences

Thanks for your responses...this is definately a bug with cs5.5 importing image sequences and the new timecode system.

The only way around this I can see without Adobe creating a bug fix is to revert to CS5 and hoperfully that will solve the problem.

Thanks again

Jamie

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:03:01 pm

Don't forget to submit a bug report. [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stephen Davidson
on Oct 27, 2012 at 11:40:07 am

I also have this problem with .pic (Softimage) sequences in AEX CS6.
Seems this bug has not been fixed.

The work-around.... Render in a different image format, from Softimage. A sequence of TGA files doesn't seem to have this issue.

Best Regards,
Stephen P. Davidson
http://www.3danimationmagic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]