ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My roto jumps one frame ahead when exporting entire comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David GhastMy roto jumps one frame ahead when exporting entire comp
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:37:56 am

This is the weirdest bug ive found so far, or at least it seems like a bug, when i export my entire comp the first keyframe of each one of my rotoscopes gets dropped so that its one frame ahead of my footage, whereas if i put workarea over that section and then export just the workarea its fine. Luckily all i had to do was export both and drop it in premiere, but i cant figure out why this would happen.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: My roto jumps one frame ahead when exporting entire comp
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 1:50:30 pm

We're going to need more detail. How did you do this rotoscoping? What version of AE? What format are you rendering it into? Etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David GhastRe: My roto jumps one frame ahead when exporting entire comp
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:56:23 pm

Latest version of AE, my roto is just a normal bezier roto, i am rendering into lagarith.

Return to posts index

David GhastRe: My roto jumps one frame ahead when exporting entire comp
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 6:39:27 pm

I think i figured it out, my footage was shot at 23.980, so everything was at that rate which was fine, but for some reason the keyframes were being converted to 23.796 when exported, even though the exported footage was still 23.980, which caused them to slightly shift to the left, cutting into my character. With some proper documentation, things like this could be avoided, but i guess thats what you get with consumer software.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: My roto jumps one frame ahead when exporting entire comp
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:42:06 pm

I think there's a little confusion going on here. 23.98 is just a nickname. Camera makers and editing software developers use 23.98. It's not the ACTUAL NTSC film frame rate. The correct frame rate is 23.976.

When it comes to frame rates, AE calls a spade a spade. So you make sure your footage is at 23.976... you work in a 23.976 comp... you render out a 23.976 file....

...and all of a sudden, life gets good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]