ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

XYZ Axis manipulator size.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron LeniusXYZ Axis manipulator size.
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 6:55:48 pm

How can I change the size/scale of he XYZ manipulator in the After Effects composition window? when you zoom out in a 3D comp to see more of your elements those manipulators get super tiny.

Thx

Aaron

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: XYZ Axis manipulator size.
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 7:47:07 pm

You don't do it directly. It's done by opening another view -- AE allows multiple viewers:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WSCF40A9D1-B832-4bc8-B4B2...

In the second viewer, you'd adjust a different view choice to allow you to see the big 3D picture while you use the layer's XYZ manipulators.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: XYZ Axis manipulator size.
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:06:53 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "You don't do it directly. It's done by opening another view -- AE allows multiple viewers... In the second viewer, you'd adjust a different view choice to allow you to see the big 3D picture while you use the layer's XYZ manipulators."

Nice tip, Dave!

Please allow me to add to it: leave your big picture view on active camera and use a custom or orthographic view for your up-close view. With the camera tool active, tap the F key to make the custom view's camera look at the selected 3D layers. (With any other tool active, you have to press Cmd-Opt-Shift-\ (Mac) or Ctrl-Alt-Shift-\ (PC), which requires significantly more advanced dexterity.)

Of course, you could also just scrub the X, Y, or Z values in the Position property in the timeline.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: XYZ Axis manipulator size.
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 3:41:20 pm

[Walter Soyka] "Of course, you could also just scrub the X, Y, or Z values in the Position property in the timeline."

That's how I'd do it!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]