ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Codec Render Speeds

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George SmythAE Codec Render Speeds
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 11:57:02 am

HELLO,

WHICH WOULD BE QUICKER TO RENDER A VECTOR ANIMATION? ANIMATION CODEC OR APPLE PRO RES HQ?

AS IT'S COMPRESSING THE FILE SIZE, I'M GUESSING PRO RES TAKES LONGER??

CHEERS, GEORGE

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE Codec Render Speeds
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 1:45:27 pm

I assume from your Caps Lock that you're rendering as we speak...

[George Smyth] "WHICH WOULD BE QUICKER TO RENDER A VECTOR ANIMATION? ANIMATION CODEC OR APPLE PRO RES HQ?"

I don't think you'll see a noticeable difference between rendering to Animation codec or ProRes.

[George Smyth] "AS IT'S COMPRESSING THE FILE SIZE, I'M GUESSING PRO RES TAKES LONGER??"

Animation is actually compressed, too (but losslessly), and if your vector animation has large fields of flat color, it should be pretty efficient.

I consider ProRes mastering quality, and if the next step in the pipeline is Final Cut Pro editorial, I generally render to ProRes instead of Animation to save the editor the trouble of constant re-rendering.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE Codec Render Speeds
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:29:45 am

BTW, there's no reason to have Caps Lock down during rendering. Just hide the Composition panel. It does exactly the same thing: prevents rendering of frames for the preview panel.

I have "Rendering" workspace that just doesn't include my Composition panel. I have it mapped to a keyboard shortcut so I switch to that workspace before I hit Render.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]