ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Explode effect afecting multiple layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre AntunesExplode effect afecting multiple layers
by on Aug 1, 2011 at 1:49:05 am

I'm trying to animate a tree where leafs are actually words, and I wanted to animate the leafes as if they were exploding.
But I wanted them to be animated separately, independently. Not as a whole.
Something like when Ted Danson appear in Bored to Dead title sequence:

I've tried using shatter and it works to make it disappear as a whole, and also tried using trapcode particular to make several extra leafs appear, as the main layer disappear:

But I was not able to animate the layers independently without having to do it one by one.

I would really like to achieve that organic movement they have in Bored to Dead titles. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Explode effect afecting multiple layers
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 9:53:23 pm

If all the leaves are created with Particular or Form, you should be able to get some nice organic turbulence with them. Perhaps you could post an example of what you tried with an explanation of why it's not working for you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Alexandre AntunesRe: Explode effect afecting multiple layers
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 10:01:02 pm

I created the leaves in Illustrator, and then created a solid in After effects that creates leafes over the existing ones, and then as Particular creates several leaves and kind of blows them away, the background leaves slowly fade away. this is what I got so far:

I wanted the already existing leaves to fall, without the need to create new ones (and if they have a slow brease would be nice too)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved