ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

collapse transformations

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erik sakariassencollapse transformations
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 11:28:11 am

Hey. I have read something about this topic on different forums without finding any answers. I put all my compositions in a new one, check collapse transformation icon, and everything looks good. But when I add a camera and try to animate it, the collapse effect disappears. Is there any way to fix it?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: collapse transformations
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:16:54 pm

[erik sakariassen] "I put all my compositions in a new one, check collapse transformation icon, and everything looks good. But when I add a camera and try to animate it, the collapse effect disappears."

I'm not clear on what you mean by "the collapse effect disappears." What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Screenshots may help, too.

Collapse transformations will expose all the 3D properties of your precomped layers to the main comp's camera and lights, and will ignore cameras and lights within the precomps. See Render order and collapsing transformations [link] for more details.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

erik sakariassenRe: collapse transformations
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 4:14:48 pm

Thank you for your reply. I want simply to animate a camera on a precomp with the collapse transformation function? Is it imposible? Without collapse transformation checked on, my precomp is blurry.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: collapse transformations
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 4:56:39 pm

[erik sakariassen] "I want simply to animate a camera on a precomp with the collapse transformation function? Is it imposible? Without collapse transformation checked on, my precomp is blurry."

It's possible, but you need to understand what collapse transformations actually does. That's why I linked to the docs page that I did.

When you collapse transformations for a precomp, it will expose the precomp's 3D properties to the containing comp. If they are 2D layers, they will not respond to the camera because they are 2D.

Make all the layers in your precomps 3D to let them work in your main comp's 3D space, but be aware of 3D layer interactions, render order, and collapsed transformations [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]