ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particle Generating with Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio PernicanoParticle Generating with Particular
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:42:39 am

I have footage that i want to animate particles on with trapcode particular. In the footage, i have a person pretending to hold a ball of energy/particles and one hand is sort of hiding the other hand. I want it so that the particles stay between the hands and are still able to wrap around the hands. If possible the fingers too. And also the hands move and i dont know what would be the best method to track it with because the footage was taken at night. Any thing will help.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Particle Generating with Particular
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:26:47 pm

[Antonio Pernicano] "In the footage, i have a person pretending to hold a ball of energy/particles and one hand is sort of hiding the other hand. I want it so that the particles stay between the hands and are still able to wrap around the hands. If possible the fingers too."

I'd probably build the energy ball to fit within the hands, then rotoscope [link] the top hand to allow it to obscure the energy ball. I'd add some light wrap [link] on the hand to make the comp look more realistic.

I'd use a separate instance of Particular on a separate layer for the particles that must swirl around the hands and fingers. Once you've rotoscoped the hand, you might use it as an obscuration layer [link] for this instance of Particular.

[Antonio Pernicano] "And also the hands move and i dont know what would be the best method to track it with because the footage was taken at night."

The best way is to shoot with tracking in mind. Posting some screen shots or some footage might get you better suggestions on how to track what you've got.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]