ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Significant color shift between Magic Bullet Looks 2.0 and After Effects/Premiere CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserSignificant color shift between Magic Bullet Looks 2.0 and After Effects/Premiere CS5.5
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 12:19:20 am

I'm color correcting a project using Magic Bullet Looks 2.0 from the new Magic Bullet suite 11. I'm using both After Effects CS5.5 and Premiere Pro CS5.5.

I'm noticing as I color correct, I'll get the look the way I want it in Magic Bullet Looks, but the second I hit "finished" the color gets a bit washed out. A little of the contrast is sucked out, along with a little bit of the color. I'm assuming there is some sort of gamma shift happening.

I was wondering if it was a Color Management thing, so I went though and selected a bunch of different Color Management settings in After Effects, but none of them looked the same as the image does in Magic Bullet looks.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Surely it can't be that you color correct according to one look, but them are unable to actually access that look anywhere else, including the render.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Significant color shift between Magic Bullet Looks 2.0 and After Effects/Premiere CS5.5
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 2:09:57 pm

Red Giant has their own forum here. Might be a better place for this question. However, I'd contact Red Giant's support. I've always found it to be second to none.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]