ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular Motion Path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene ConstableParticular Motion Path
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:43:17 pm

Apologies, this is now my third post about this but I have now spent days trying to figure this out...
I have successfully created a tapered streak in Particular, using a light as a motion path, and animating from off screen left to off screen right, once the path has is right across the width off the screen it stays for a while, with turbulence, then swims off to the right.

(Animated size over life to gain tapered look)

I then need to have a word, in this case "Grow" that travels along the path, inside the tapered ribbon, exactly following the wavy line. For this I created a custom particle with the word Grow, duplicated my original particle layer and changed the particle type to sprite etc.. and had it follow the same motion path 1
This works but..the word custom particles are zooming down the path WAY too fast! I guess this is related to the emitter but I cant solve it.

1. I need the words to travel very slowly along the path (as this video is being projected 360 in a room glass doors...I dont want to make people dizzy!) How do I decrease the speed of the words, keeping the spacing between them the same. Ive tried particles per sec, but that changes word spacing and fast speed remains..

Again Many Thanks in Advance..

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Particular Motion Path
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 6:24:48 pm

Try reducing the Physics Time Factor property.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved