ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denis StefanidesGTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 8:54:08 pm

first sorry for my english.

All my works i do in AAE. And now, I just wanna buy new PC with graphic card GTX570, and use it in AAE CS5...
And this card isn't compatibilite with CS 5.5 and i can't find CS5 compatibilites, but i think it's same...

So, my question is. Work's OpenGL in AAE CS5 on this GPU (GTX 570)? Because this card isn't compatibile with it...

And what you think. Is this GPU good choice? Because QUADRO is expansive and this is gaming card ...

btw: please, post me compatibilites on CS5 ...

Thank's a lot!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:30:53 pm

AE will not make much use of OpenGL even in CS5.5. Some of the newer 3D plugins may use that (like Freeorm Pro), but unless you have major projects using those specific plugins you do not need to worry that much about the graphics card. Any newer card from NVIDIA will do.
What you need is RAM- as much as you can afford and fast processors- that's what will make AE work faster for you.
So the GTX 570 is fine for AECS 5.5.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Denis StefanidesRe: GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:43:06 pm

Thank's for reply.

I wanna buy:

INTEL Core i7-2600K
16 GB RAM (1600 MHz frequency)

So i hope, that GPU (GTX 570) will work's fine.
But, why is this compatibilites important?

GTX570 isn't in that list and as you say OpenGL works...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 10:08:28 pm

If you want to get this card to make rendering in After Effects faster, save your money. Open GL doesn't work well in AE.

If, however, you get the card for some other reason, go ahead and get it.

Either way, more memory and faster processors will make rendering in AE faster. Open GL will not. Most of the time, Open GL actually hurts AE rendering.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 12:25:27 am

See this video for details of what OpenGL does in After Effects:

After watching that video, you will understand why Dave and Tudor are saying what they are saying.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 2:07:06 am

Anyone know how that GTX 570 rates for PP and in general? Preferably in terms understandable by a person who is more tech savvy than average, but not an IT person either. It's on the PP Mercury support list so I'm just asking is it just barely spec-worthy or pretty good?

I'm considering a GTX 570 for my wife's new puter, which will by no means be a dedicated video/graphics station, but at the same time, considering my line of work, I'm not willing to spend on any hardware that can't handle my work tools decently if needed. So, does that card seem a reasonable choice for the purpose?

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: GTX 570 OpenGL, AAE CS5
by on Jul 30, 2011 at 2:38:31 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved