ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RotoBrush Bug?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lee kesslerRotoBrush Bug?
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 7:49:33 pm

Hey Everyeone, I am a veteran AE user and was experimenting with the new Rotobrush tool. I usually do frame by frame rotoscoping but wanted to give this a shot.

I am having an issue where I paint an area to ADD to the selection but the pink outline will not move. It seems like the area I paint is only effected in the next frame. also the "Span keyframe" (not sure what to call them, I am referring to the keyframes within a "span" area) are not masked. the frame before and after are masked, but the actual frame that the "span keyframe" is on, does not contain a mask.

If I am not clear please let me know, i will try to expand further.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: RotoBrush Bug?
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 12:46:25 am

You really need to watch the tutorials and read the documentation first. Trying to use the Roto Brush tool without doing so is certain to cause frustration and confusion.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

lee kesslerRe: RotoBrush Bug?
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:33:28 am

i have read it, and im VERY comfortable with after effects so using the roto tool is kind of second nature. The problem i am describing is a little deeper than that thin "documentation"

Return to posts index

Hinny TranRe: RotoBrush Bug?
by on Feb 1, 2013 at 6:40:08 am

Yes My pink outline has stopped moving as well. It was working fine last night and now it's not. Let me know if you find a solution to this. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved