ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

motion tracking fingers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean wisswellmotion tracking fingers
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:47:50 am

I have been looking online and can't seem to find any solid ideas for tracking finger motion. I have tried adjusting my tracking point a few times and every time it doesn't want to follow very well. I am looking for any advice to help this process.Tracking fingers seems to be a difficult task. Perhaps my video is not very good (i made a quick simple one for a test). Right now I am deployed and my recording facilities are not very good (actually we have none. any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaroRe: motion tracking fingers
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 12:09:21 pm

is the trackin plugin for AF
It may be allready on your sistem....

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: motion tracking fingers
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 1:30:56 pm

Without markers Point Trackers will be very difficult. With Mocha, a Planar Tracker, life's a breeze for such a task.

I made a video for an upcoming Mocha/AE training (classroom) a short while ago - SciFi Screen - Tracking Fingers.

Ideally, you would apply a shape to the edge of the finger you want to track. The edge of the finger will give Mocha the required definition to comfortably do its job.

Mine was done with a chroma backdrop. Yours will be trickier as the image behind the fingers change as your finger moves about. This may throw Mocha off if you're not careful with your shapes.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

sean wisswellRe: motion tracking fingers
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 3:53:06 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it another shot. Hopefully I will be able to get a better area to shoot the actual footage for the short. Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved