ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fit 3d camera to layer dimensions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesus ZazuetaFit 3d camera to layer dimensions
by on Jul 24, 2011 at 12:59:23 pm

Hello everyone. I apologize if this is not the correct section to post in, or if this is not the right group to ask, and I'd be thankful if could point me to the appropriate group.

What I'm currently struggling with is trying to fit the view port of a 3d camera to a footage layer (inside 3d space) so that the when the camera looks at the footage, it matches the composition's size in its entirety (as if it was not in 3d space at all).

For this, it is guaranteed that both the dimensions of the footage in 3d space, and the composition are equal (1280x720).

Essentially, I'm trying to do this for a 3d video gallery simulation, where the camera will zoom in and out of video clips arranged in 3d space. This pretty much works with the first clip since it is placed (as well as the camera) in its default position, where both the footage and the camera will exactly fit the composition's size.

However, moving the camera to the next clip (or for that matter, any other footage clip which is not in the default 3d world position) will create perspective problems that I think will be difficult to solve with manual position adjustments.

Are there any useful expressions or approaches that might help in this regard? While doing some research, I found out that Zaxwerkz has a bundle of 3d layer tools which apparently can deal with this issue. However, I'd really like to understand the basics behind this 3d perspective correction issue.

I thank you for your time, and I appreciate any help that you could provide. Cheers!

-JZM

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Fit 3d camera to layer dimensions
by on Jul 24, 2011 at 4:51:04 pm

Sure Target helps with things like this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jesus ZazuetaRe: Fit 3d camera to layer dimensions
by on Jul 24, 2011 at 6:47:34 pm

Many thanks for the suggestion. I'm researching it.

Cheers!

----
JZM

Return to posts index

Jesus ZazuetaRe: Fit 3d camera to layer dimensions
by on Jul 24, 2011 at 7:24:01 pm

Yup. Suretarget did it. Thanks so much again!

----
JZM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]