ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fly through

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wenom ShiroFly through
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 8:19:04 pm

Hello cows :P
I have a question about an effect that I was trying to make, but can't figure out how to do it. It's a two peaces of footage scrubbing one through another, as you can see it in this picture:
One footage moves from left to right and the middle one moves also to the right. It's a really quick switch (3 or 4 frames), already blurred out, but there are still some visible joints as marked in the photo. Maybe you could suggest me some effect with an Adjustment layer or even something else that could blend those two footages together?


Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Fly through
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:41:29 pm

If it's that fast will it still be noticeable? You can try to add an adjustment layer with a directional blur (horizontal). For more suggestions it would be best to post a clip - seeing it moving may provide more insight and you may receive more input.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jesus ZazuetaRe: Fly through
by on Jul 24, 2011 at 1:17:01 pm

You may also want to give a try to Video Copilot's twitch effect. I've used it for this same purpose with 3 key frames. One at the point where both clips will "blend", one 4 frames to the left, and one 4 frames to the right. The middle frame should have the highest twitch "Amount".

Since at this point twitch will create the most distortion in the images, the switching of clips will be barely noticeable.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved