ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS5.5 hanging inbetween basic tasks...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy BrungerCS5.5 hanging inbetween basic tasks...
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 5:13:01 pm

Hi all,

Just noticed something odd (and rather annoying!) with CS5.5 on my Mac Pro (OSX 10.6.8, 8-core, 32GB RAM) that I'm sure wasn't happening before - trying to troubleshoot and eliminate things, but thought I'd check to see if anyone has experienced this....

When doing simple things like moving a key frame, shifting layers in time, hitting shift to bring up mini flowchart, or alt+] to change out point of layer for example, I am getting a beach ball for 3-5 seconds after each change, meaning I can't work as quick as I'm used to in AE - I have to wait until it's finished messing before I can do anything else!

Any ideas? The only thing that's changed in the last few days is we've had the Macs put onto a 10GbE network instead of 1GbE. I wouldn't have thought that would SLOW anything down (should be opposite!) but also it's not really reading of media that seems to be stalling it, just simple AE tasks.

Any thoughts graciously appreciated!

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: CS5.5 hanging inbetween basic tasks...
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 12:04:18 am

Have you tried resetting AE Prefs?

Return to posts index

Jimmy BrungerRe: CS5.5 hanging inbetween basic tasks...
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 8:49:27 am

Hi Brian,

Yep that actually seems to be working! Odd, as I've only had CS5.5 install for a week or so - not sure how the prefs could get 'clogged up' that quick, but hey ho we'll see if that keeps it running smooth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved