ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Roto Brush Frame Mismatch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam HarkRoto Brush Frame Mismatch
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:27:30 pm

Ok, so I have some footage that is from a digital system where everything is DVCPRO50, 29.97. I bring it into After Effects CS 5.5 and drag it to the "Create a New Composition" button. It creates a Comp at 720 by 480, widescreen pixel aspect, 29.97 frames per second. This is exactly what the clip is. As soon as I use the roto brush on this clip, I get the error message, Frame Rate Mismatch, For Best Roto Brush Results, set the composition to 59.94 fps to match layer source. This makes no sense since After Effects just used the settings of the clip to make a 29.97 composition. Why would I switch to 59.94 when the clip is not? Here is a link to someone else that is having the same problem:

Anyone having this issue or have a clue how to fix it? Does the Roto Brush only work at 59.94?

Thank You

"We'll Fix it in Post."

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Roto Brush Frame Mismatch
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 10:04:54 pm

I see you chose to ignore the advice given by Adobe Employees and seasoned AE veterans contained in that thread. Any reason why?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Barend OnneweerRe: Roto Brush Frame Mismatch
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 6:40:12 am

If the footage is interlaced it's usually better to do masking work on the individual fields - hence the advise to set the comp to double framerate so the individual fields are exposed.

Raamw3rk - digital storytelling and visual effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved