ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio and video not synchronized in RAM preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Larsen
Audio and video not synchronized in RAM preview
on Jul 21, 2011 at 6:39:29 pm

I've been doing a lot of work that involves sound design, and I've noticed that AE doesn't sync audio and video perfectly during RAM preview. It starts out fine, but after like 10 seconds the video becomes noticeably delayed, and half a minute in it's hopeless. I have to render the entire thing in order to get a feel for the overall composition, which is tiresome to say the least.
At first I thought it was just my installation, but I later tried it on several computers, and found the same issue.
Does anybody know of a solution to this, or know why it's happening?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio and video not synchronized in RAM preview
on Jul 21, 2011 at 6:48:38 pm

[David Larsen] "Does anybody know of a solution to this"

Use the audio files for reference only. DO NOT use compressed audio files like AC3 or MP3. Preview only small portions of the comp at a time by altering the comp's Work Area. Render the animation with no sound, and do the final sound design in a different application. An editing application is good for this.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Larsen
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:42:11 pm

Thanks for the reply!
I was hoping it was just something I was doing wrong, but I'll just have to work my way through only previewing small portions like you said.

To elabrorate; normally it's not a very big problem, as I bring the final render into a DAW for the audio, but I noticed it when timing motion typography from audio clips, so in this case I need to rely heavily on the audio inside AE..

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:06:23 pm

For the record, I've not had issues like this. But then, I don't use MP3's or other compressed audio files in AE either.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:20:53 am

What version exactly are you using? Have you installed the recent updates?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]