ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff GreenAE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:44:34 pm

Will AE 7.0 Professional work on a windows 7 professional 64bit system?

Thanks!

Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:53:47 pm

It's not officially supported, that's for sure.
If I had to take a guess I would say "probably not".

CS5 is fantasticly faster than any previous version of AE has been (assuming you've got a good amount of RAM) due to the 64-bit nature of it, so I would highly suggest an upgrade. (CS5.5 is reportedly even better!) Adobe has had some good deals lately as they try to woo Final Cut users who have become disillusioned with it after the fiasco of Final Cut X.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:55:34 pm

Wow, that's REALLY old software. I don't know this for a fact, but my gut says no, simply because of old age. If you have to pay money to get it, forget trying to install it. If you can get it for free, it would be an interesting exercise to see what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenRe: AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:21:16 pm

Hi Dave...it is old but I have had it since winning it as a door prize at an Adobe presentation. I have progressed in my systems since that time and now have a i7-975, gtx570, 12gb ddr3 and windows 7 professional 64bit system with Sony Vegas Pro 10. Just wanted to see if I could get AE 7 to work on this system.

Thanks!

Jeff

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 8:53:38 pm

If that's the case, I'd be tempted to see if it would install. For safety's sake I'd clone the system drive first (Applespeak, y'know) or whatever you do on a Windows machine.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:05:45 pm

I'll jump on the "upgrade if you can" train. In addition to 64-bit memory addressing, you'll get multiprocessing, the puppet tool, per character 3D text animation, color management, Mocha, FreeForm, the RotoBrush tool, better camera lens blur, better timecode support, stereoscopic 3D, the hot new Warp Stabilizer, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure I've forgotten.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jon BaggeRe: AE 7 and Windows 7 64bit
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 4:58:21 pm

With the half price offer on Production Premium, it now costs less than a standalone version of AE.. You may get an upgrade price, but with your version being so old, a new CS suite might be about the same..

--------------
http://www.jonbagge.net
Jon Bagge - Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]