ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing H264 on AE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Anagnostou
Importing H264 on AE CS5
on Jul 20, 2011 at 1:01:39 pm

Hello there! :)

I've been shooting some clips for a while, with my new camera Toshiba Camileo X100. Nothing professional, just for personal use. I notice, that it records on avi format, with H264 encoding. At least, that's what AE CS5 says.

The problem is that once I import the clips to the program, it recognizes no video. It tells me that the resolution is 0x0 and that it can only read its sound. I've tried using the Media Encoder to make it "readible" to AE, but no luck, since Media Encoder itself, says it has no video. However MPC and WMP play the files normally.

What encoding should I use, so that I can get AE to see the videos, but not loose in quality?

Thank you! :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Importing H264 on AE CS5
on Jul 20, 2011 at 2:43:21 pm

[Anthony Anagnostou] "However MPC and WMP play the files normally."

I don't know much about Windows boxes. Can you use either of these to export video? I'd use quicktime's PNG codec, but if you don't have quicktime available go with lossless AVI.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anthony Anagnostou
on Jul 20, 2011 at 2:51:01 pm

WMP and MPC are just for video playbacking.
I tried converting to AVI using xvid codec, but the quality got pretty messed up. I'm using Any video converter to do this. Would you suggest another tool?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 20, 2011 at 3:24:04 pm

Does it work with Premiere? If so, you could use Premiere or the Adobe Media Encoder to reencode it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Anthony Anagnostou
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:58:29 am

Nope. Media Encoder, Premiere, and AE won't see any video on the files.. Just sound! So weird, because the conversion tools I use, and the progarms for video playbacking seem to have no issues on that.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 21, 2011 at 1:28:25 pm

I don't really know. It seems odd. Contact Adobe support and/or file a bug report.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]