ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

JPEG Sequence w/ RGB mode - "The file format module could not parse the file. (45 :: 35)"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Schneider
JPEG Sequence w/ RGB mode - "The file format module could not parse the file. (45 :: 35)"
on Jul 19, 2011 at 9:05:06 pm

Hello,

I know that there is a similar thread floating around with a similar title, but my problem was not fixed by it. When I scroll through the timeline, or when I try to export, I get this error:

"The file format module could not parse the file. (45 :: 35)"

I am doing a time-lapse video with JPEG Images loaded as a sequence (footage). I've checked numerous times, and all photos are in the RGB mode (the other thread to make sure any and all images were in RGB mode and not CMYK).

Does anyone have any other suggestions of what might be causing this? OR maybe something that I've forgotten to check?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: JPEG Sequence w/ RGB mode - "The file format module could not parse the file. (45 :: 35)"
on Jul 19, 2011 at 9:36:03 pm

Parsing errors typically indicate CMYK. If you imported an image sequence, and just one image in the sequence is still CMYK, I bet AE would register the error.

But if you're double-dog sure all the images are RGB, this is a real head-scratcher... a weird project file, perhaps?

What happens if you create a new project, import the same sequence and try a quick render?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan Schneider
Re: JPEG Sequence w/ RGB mode - "The file format module could not parse the file. (45 :: 35)"
on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:32:34 am

(I've edited this many times already... I keep discovering new things.)

I just tried creating a new project and it rendered fine. However, when I tried to add the Timewarp effect like I did in my original project, and scrolled around in the timeline, I gor the error again. I tried experimenting with the speed of the Timewarp, and it seems that the higher I put the speed, the more often I get the error appearing when scrolling around. Below about 110 or so, I never get the error, but staring at 120, the error appears periodically, and at 500 it always appears.

I can think of no reason why this should be the case.
Also, I can't imagine one of the images randomly being CMYK, because they are all from the same camera.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dan Schneider
on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:33:55 am

(I've edited this many times already... I keep discovering new things. Also, if this double posts, sorry about that.)

I just tried creating a new project and it rendered fine. However, when I tried to add the Timewarp effect like I did in my original project, and scrolled around in the timeline, I gor the error again. I tried experimenting with the speed of the Timewarp, and it seems that the higher I put the speed, the more often I get the error appearing when scrolling around. Below about 110 or so, I never get the error, but staring at 120, the error appears periodically, and at 500 it always appears.

I can think of no reason why this should be the case.
Also, I can't imagine one of the images randomly being CMYK, because they are all from the same camera.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:34:06 am

AE handles CMYK issues during import, not after. Take a look at Mylenium's (ex-COW supremo) AE error code dictionary here - http://aeerrors.myleniumstuff.de/?cat=11 for possible issues and solution(s).

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 20, 2011 at 2:54:43 pm

[Dan Schneider] "When I scroll through the timeline, or when I try to export, I get this error: "The file format module could not parse the file. (45 :: 35)" I am doing a time-lapse video with JPEG Images loaded as a sequence (footage). I've checked numerous times, and all photos are in the RGB mode (the other thread to make sure any and all images were in RGB mode and not CMYK)."

I might try Photoshop > File > Scripts > Image Processor to convert the image sequence to another format, then replace the footage with it in AE.

If Photoshop fails because it can't read a file, you should be able to tell which one it choked on.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dan Schneider
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:29:52 am

I've now realized what the problem was. For some reason, there were some currupted image files that were at the end of the image sequence I imported. And therefore, when I scrolled around timewarped footage, i encountered the end of the sequence more often. I thought it was random, but it was actually just at the end of the sequence, but I didn't notice it because it was timewarped, and the end really wasn't the end. Thanks for all you guys' help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]