ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Offset effect Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maha mohtasebOffset effect Problem
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 3:58:23 pm

I'm using the offset effect in an HD 25fps comp with several precomps of different frame rates. Everything looks great until I export-

In the final mov, almost any part that has the offset effect becomes still, and while it is offset, there's no animation at all- its a sudden freeze where there's "offset" applied- then plays again where theres no offset, and freezes again where there is. (just the animation of the offset freezes, everything else plays while the frame is at a still offset to the middle of the screen).

"Render multiple frames simultaneously" is off because it has to be in order for some of my FX plugins to work- but its usually always off.

The offset is applied to a 3D adjustment layer. The adjustment layer also has "fast blur" and "curves" applied. all 3 effects are densely keyframed. Motion blur is on. Some layers are not 3D.

Why is this only happening in the rendered mov? I've tried everything! PLEASE HELP!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Offset effect Problem
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 5:33:48 pm

Do you have Open GL on to accelerate rendering? Turn it off and leave it off.

There are EXTREMELY FEW things that benefit from it, and almost everything is hampered by it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

maha mohtasebRe: Offset effect Problem
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:56:45 pm

Hi Dave,
Yea I've got openGL on. I'll try turning off and exporting- I'll post the results..
Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Galen FottRe: Offset effect Problem
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:34:26 pm

This filter has been buggy for a while. OpenGL seems to have nothing to do with it. It seems there's a "magic line" of approximately 32,769, positive or negative, beyond which the Shift Center To parameter fails to work. I'm in a 1920x1080 comp, with a same-sized Photoshop file, rendering at Full quality. Set keyframes at 40,000x540 and -40,000x540. There will be no movement until the Shift Center To value crosses that 32,769 line. Then it will animate, until it reaches -32,769, at which point it freezes again.

Anyone experiencing anything different? I'm in CS5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved