ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time remapping in After Effects using Premiere Pro clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kimberlee hillTime remapping in After Effects using Premiere Pro clip
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 5:45:47 pm

I'm probably losing it cause this should be idiot proof. I watched the Creative Cow tutorial http://library.creativecow.net/harrington_richard/Premiere-Pro_Time-Remappi...
but he must be using an earlier version of the suite. (starting at min. 5:49)

The problem: I want to remap an 8sec clip and more radically slow down the footage then use the frame blend mode. When ever I dynamic link

the clip into AE and enable time remapping, the program does not give me the two set key frames at the clips beginning and end as the tutorial said it would. Now when I drag the footage to make it longer, it doesn't freeze frame at the end of the clip but instead brings in footage from the source file. What am I missing and is there a manual way to achieve this so that I can remap the premiere clip only?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Time remapping in After Effects using Premiere Pro clip
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:15:49 pm

AE can slow video down, but it can't work miracles. NO software can do that. No hardware, either.

The amount by which you slow down the video is inversely proportional to your chances of success.
Slow down by a factor of 2 (50% speed): excellent chances.
Slow down by a factor of 10 (10% speed): poor chances.
Slow down by an even larger factor: disaster looms.

The only tried-and-true method to get good slo-mo is to shoot at a higher frame rate, and play back at a normal frame rate.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]