ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Making walking people and other objects in motion, invisible in a static scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachaloMaking walking people and other objects in motion, invisible in a static scene
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 2:00:28 am

Hi
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to automate the removal of any objects in motion, in an otherwise static(non panning) scene?

I was thinking some combination of motion detection and content aware fill, but not sure if this is possible in AE without manually masking out all the moving objects and then manually cloning in the static background data.

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Martti EkstrandRe: Making walking people and other objects in motion, invisible in a static scene
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:41:02 am

That's what the 'Difference Matte' under 'Effect > Keying' is for - you feed it a clip with no motion and a clip with motion of the same static scene and it keys out the difference. It does require some massaging and garbage matting to work properly.

check out my shorts: http://vimeo.com/marttiekstrand

Return to posts index

jim bachaloRe: Making walking people and other objects in motion, invisible in a static scene
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 2:04:31 pm

Thanks for that!

I think the problem I will have is that I still want to keep some motion in the background but remove other motion (walking pedestrians) in the foreground. WIll need to do some tests but my hunch is that it will require manual rotoscoping as well

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]