ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

ROTO BRUSH Distortion Bug

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul WhishawROTO BRUSH Distortion Bug
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 8:22:28 pm

I have used the Roto Brush tool on a particular scene and for the most part it is excellent. There is one frame however that is messed up and I cannot seem to find the cause. There is a section of the frame that I am working with that gets mirrored and smear across the frame. I'm including a link but can't show the whole frame for copyright reasons.

Hopefully you can get enough info from the shot to see what is happening. Anyone see anything like this before?

Return to posts index

Declan SmithRe: OTO BRUSH Distortion Bug
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 10:04:49 pm

I had the same problem and found that for me, it seemed to relate to interlaced footage / rendering out to interlaced. I changed renders to be non interlaced and if seems to have fixed it for me.

Declan Smith
FCS3 / After Effects CS5 / Combustion / Canon 7D / Canon XL2

Return to posts index

Paul WhishawRe: OTO BRUSH Distortion Bug
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 11:28:05 pm

I don't think interlacing could be the problem as I'm working with Pro Res footage. This happens right in the composition as well, before I export anything.

It has something to do with the Decontaminate Edge setting. While on I get the smeared mirror and when off it is clean (but edges look bad).

Paul Whishaw
"If it moves, We'll Shoot it"

Return to posts index

Rob NealRe: ROTO BRUSH Distortion Bug
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 9:11:32 am

I agree. I am using TIFF plates and getting the same problem. Fiddling with the decontamination settings can sometimes help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved