ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Gradient Streaks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anderson LovatoGradient Streaks
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 6:57:05 pm

Hi, I'm completly newbie in After Effects, my development flow is growing fast, but I have been problems with high definition encoding, I'm rendering the movie in lossless avi and after that converting to h264 in Adobe Media Encoder, but my gradients are streaked always, someone can help with it please?

an exemple below:

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Gradient Streaks
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 8:07:36 pm

what you're seeing is commonly called 'banding' and can usually be fixed (or at least lessened) by increasing the bit-depth (set ae to process in 16 or 32 bits per channel) and/or adding noise to the render.

if you are seeing banding in the lossless/uncompressed output from ae, then setting ae to render at 16 or 32 bpc may help.

if the banding is only happening after compression, or you want to keep rendering in 8 bpc, then adding noise to the render should help. you can do this in your comp by creating an adjustment layer and adding the noise effect with a little noise until the banding goes away. if the banding isn't present in the comp preview (since it may occur after compression), try adding around 2% and see how that looks after compression.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Anderson LovatoRe: Gradient Streaks
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:42:10 pm

It didn't solve completly the problem, but the result now is much more professional... thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved