ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Tracking built in capabilities

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo3D Tracking built in capabilities
by on Jul 12, 2011 at 2:23:57 am

Hi
Some very beautiful work using Particular and I believe PFTrack. Can anyone tell me if the built in 3d tracking abilities of AE CS5.5 would be sufficient to achieve the same result?(in conjunction with Trapcode particular of course)

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: 3D Tracking built in capabilities
by on Jul 12, 2011 at 3:58:26 am

This looks more like Trapcode Form than Trapcode Particular. For the nodal camera moves, you'll need either an AE plugin, Camera Tracker from The Foundry, or a standalone matchmover (3D tracker) such as syntheyes.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE Training in South East Asia.

Return to posts index

jim bachaloRe: 3D Tracking built in capabilities
by on Jul 12, 2011 at 12:47:34 pm

Thanks.
So the built in tracker or mocha-AE wouldn't be sufficient to pull this off?

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

by on Jul 12, 2011 at 1:12:07 pm

THere are lots of locked down shots so those are pretty stright forward. Mocha should do the trick for a lot of the lateral pans. BUT for the nodal pans, a matchmoving solution will be required.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

by on Jul 13, 2011 at 5:43:41 am

To avoid confusion, Mocha is able to track through a nodal pan. My point is that the track for such a shot has to be within a planar surface and the resultant insert has to also be within the same tracked plane. In the video example, there are nodal pans where the the insert object is placed within an area where no plane exists directly nor is there plane where an offset track can be used, coupled with some post-tracking translation in 2-D space.

Of course, you could nudge the object into place and hope that it looks believable but it's an 'iffy' at best.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]