ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob WeaselAfter Effects Tracking
by on Jul 9, 2011 at 11:54:40 pm

Hi, Well I've been trying to figure out a way I can accurately track a shot. The original shot is me for about 40 seconds walking looking straight on with my camera. The shot is shaky. Then I shot a person walking on a treadmill,(straight on). I have CameraTracker a third party plugin. I don't know if there is a proper way to track this shot. I have CS5, would mocha be possible? Any idea of how to track this shot would be great. Thanks. Sorry if you unable to understand what I am talking about, it's a little difficult to explain exactly whats going on and what I need done. Well thanks again.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Tracking
by on Jul 10, 2011 at 3:27:29 am

Track for what purpose? Stabilization? Compositing an element into the scene?

Yes, if you have After Effect CS5, you have mocha---and it's often the easiest and best way to do tracking for the purpose of compositing.

Here's a movie that I made just to show how simple using mocha is:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects Tracking
by on Jul 10, 2011 at 4:28:59 am

Tracking is a very precise technique. Depending on what you want to do with the tracking data, there are loads of options as well as best-practices techniques once you've decided on the purposes of tracking.

It's usually worth your while to post a video as well as explain what you want to track and what you want to do to the original video.

BTW, MochaAE is also bundled with CS4 AND you may want to upgrade to MochaPro from the MochaAE version should you do lots of tracking, The built-in Remove, Insert and Lens modules are certainly worth the upgrade price.

Intensive AE Training in South East Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved